Monday, June 17, 2013

Monument, CO

(I apologize in advance for the lack of posts. I am in class everyday from 9-3, then I get home and have the kids, make dinner and after they go to bed review my reading and/or do homework. My time is limited.)

Garden of the gods

We had a really great time with Julie. Pete left really early the morning we woke up at Julie's, but we will see him when they come down to Fort Collins some time. It was so fun to see her pregnant bump and to know a sweet baby girl is growing inside.
Julie and Pete live in Monument, just north of Colorado Springs. I love their house; it's a cute sprawling rancher.
Their property has lots of pine trees and lots of pine needles. Lilia, on her own initiative, got a rake and began making piles of pine needles. The second morning we were there she got up at 6am. I couldn't figure out the TV and she asked me if I wanted to go outside and rake. I chuckled and said it was too early and we would wake everyone up.
Alex helped some, but he hated getting stuff in his flip-flops. (That's why he is wearing Lilia's school sneakers.)
Julie gave each of the kids $1 for their hard work. It was too cute!
 This is buddy, a herd dog (pictured right). It's the neighbors dog. Every time Lilia would run around the dog would try to herd her. It was so awesome to watch.
Julie, Remi, Koda and Lilia
Note Lilia's posture; she's trying to pose like a dog.









When saying goodbye, Lilia said to Julie, "I'm gonna miss your dogs. And you too."

No comments:

Post a Comment