Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Colorado Bound

In T-3 days we are headed out on our longest road trip as a family of four...to Colorado! It's for work, not for a vacation, but we will play, hike and see family on our way out as well as while we are out there.
We drive to Pittsburgh to stay with Karen for 2 nights. Then we drive to either Indiana or Illinois, really as far as the kids will let us go the second day of driving. Then we push it the last 12-14 hours to Monument, CO where we will stay with Julie and Pete 2 nights before our final destination of Fort Collins, CO, which is north of Denver. I have a crazy amount of activities, DVDs, coloring pages, puzzles, mints and gum packed for this road trip. Hopefully we won't kill each other before we make to Colorado. (pray that we won't - seriously.)

This summer I will be taking 3 seminary classes through trained professors via Cru and Dave will take 1.
I'm taking:
Biblical Interpretation (how to properly interpret the Bible)
Biblical Communication (how to preach a sermon that is Christ-centered, not one that is about being good - not that I'm going to preach a sermon ever though.)
Old Testament (do people read those books?? Yes! and they are intriguing, amazing and full of good stuff.)
Dave will be taking:
Apologetics (how to and how not to talk about Christianity with someone who does not share the same beliefs.)

I am super duper excited for this summer for several reasons:
1. I've already done most of the reading and wow!!!! I've learned so much already. I can't wait to put more of it together and connect more dots.
2. This summer will be a complete change of pace for me. I will not be a full-time mom, I will be a student. Dave will be a full-time dad, watching the kids while I'm in class, studying and writing papers and talks. It should be interesting. He's already got a great plan. Everyday they will bike ride, visit the library, the park, the pool, and do some school time. Honestly he will do a better job than I will with that plan!
3. I LOVE Colorado. I love the 300 sunny days, I love the openness, I love the mountains, I love hiking, I love the smell of the woods or the dirt when hiking in Colorado, I love the rivers, and all the nature that is surrounding you. I love that there is no humidity. (insert jealousy here_____.)
4. We get to spend time with Julie and Pete. Julie is pregnant and due in early Oct. with a little girl. It will be fun to see her baby bump and spend time with them out there.

I'm sure this summer will have its challenges, but I think it will be a good one. No, I will be an optimist - I KNOW it will be a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you will have so much fun! I love Colorado too - sad we won't be there this year. Hope the road trip goes well!!

    ReplyDelete