Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What A Crappy Day

Dave was up at 6:15 this morning throwing up. He's so loud when he's sick. It woke Lilia up and therefore I was up too. Lilia had diarrhea after she woke up. Luckily she had feet in pajamas because it helped to capture the poop that was around her toes. We stuck her in the bath and hosed her down.
We were supposed to have dinner with another family tonight. I made chili and a cake. I love black beans in my chili but you can't find them canned here; even at the most western grocery store. So I had to buy them dried. I was a bit intimidated because I've never cooked w/dried beans, but hey let's give it a shot! So I soak them overnight.
Well I bite into the chili tonight, alone mind you, and hmmm what's kind of hard? The black beans are not soft as you would expect them to be. A huge pot of chili that we can't share with friends, the beans are hard and the flavor's off.
I'm sure this would happen to us in America too. I know it would. It's only when you're over seas big and little things are amplified. Tomorrow's another day. Tomorrow's another day. Tomorrow's another day...