Friday, November 7, 2008

The joy's of living in another culture!

So just now, 7:30pm, I went to turn on a light and I blew a fuse! Lilia just went down and Dave left about 15 minutes prior for a guys night of X-box. I called all of my friends in the development and NO ONE answered their phone! Not to mention their husbands were probably at the guys night too and they couldn't leave their sleeping children. So I called the married-without kid friend in the complex. She and her husband weren't around, but she tried to guide me through flipping some switches to no avail. So we thought of asking my neighbor. She taught me how to say, "Can you help me," in the language. I knocked, said my phrase and she understood!!! She came over, flipped a switch and lights were back on.
I must admit I was freaking out for a moment, but everything turned out all right!