Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yesterday I had to get a few things at my local small grocery store. We've been here for about 7 weeks and ever since then the women that work there have been trying to get Lilia's attention. They want to hold her and entertain her, but she wants no part. Finally yesterday one women caught her attention and Lilia willingly went to her. The worker just walked away with her and I went shopping. After about 5 minutes I was ready to check out. It's a small store, about 20x20, maybe a bit bigger, but I didn't see Lilia nor did I hear her. I knew there was a back room where the door is always open. I peeked in and saw Lilia was sitting on the lap of one of the women and Lilia was typing on the computer. There were about 3 women gathered around that. When she saw me she looked over and gave me a big smile! Other patrons would walk by, see a white face (me) in the back room and would peer in as well. They would smile at Lilia and say something I couldn't understand. It was pretty funny!