Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bummer of a story

Last night my bike got stolen. I went to Ikea with my friend to get a couple of things. We met at 6:30 at the train station. I rode my bike there and parked it out of the rain. It rained all day yesterday and was only sprinkling that night. I locked it up as usual and we headed out. Well around 9pm or so we left the train station and I went out to look for my bike. There were hardly any bikes parked, but it didn't seem to be where I left it. So we searched around the "bike lot" and looked for my bike with a kids seat attached. Nothing! It was raining steadily now and we were getting wet. As I was walking away I found my lock. It was cut straight through. Gone, stolen. Walking home with no umbrella I was fuming mad. How could someone steal a mom's bike with a kids seat on the back and a basket on the front! I was super pissed. When I got home Dave reminded me that kind of thing happens often here, unfortunately! Also, it's the result of living in a fallen world. It sure does suck though! I guess we'll go Saturday morning and buy a new one.