Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phillie's Fans do travel

On Tuesday morning, I (Dave) begrudgingly went to class. The Phillies were about to start game 5. Though as student's filed into our class, the teacher was no where to be seen. After 20 minutes of increasing becoming hopeful that I would get to watch the big game and devistated if the teacher would come I made a run for it. Taking the back stairwell I escaped from school. As I made my way towards my bike, I received a text message that the Phils were up 2-0.

On my $60 bike that is made for a man with would be perfect for a 5'6" 150 lbs I sprinted towards downtown. Often forgetting that the right handle bar controls the front break, I made record time to a bar that specializing in showing western sports.

I plopped myself down on a stoll next to a 30 something guy from South Philly. He teaches businessmen English at night. After a short commercial break, I saw what looked what appeared to be a monsoon drenching the ball park. I made it just in time to watch Bud Selligs press conference. Ugh.