Saturday, September 6, 2008

Out & About

Dave went on campus this afternoon to play baseball. Lilia and I had to get out of the house so I decided to walk around locally. I went to my local hualian (small grocery store) and decided to explore some more. As I was walked down the street I saw a woman with what looked like a bag of sweet potatoe chips. I asked her what they were, but I knew I wouldn't understand her. Then she opened her bag and let me try one. I did and they were exactly what I thought they would be!!! I asked her where she got them and she pointed down this small street. So off we went to find sweet potatoe chips. As we walked there were people selling their vegetables on the sidewalks. There were also some chickens in small cages and blood mixed with water in the street. I just told my self just keep going, just keep going. Then on my left was a small alley with stores on either side. I thought this must be where she meant because there aren't any other options. So I ventured in and sure enough the 3rd or so store had them in a huge bag. I asked her for 2 bags worth and it was only $1.75!!! It was so awesome. I love finding stuff like that!