Sunday, September 21, 2008

In the kitchen

I finally feel at home in the kitchen. Things are so different here. I only have a 2 burner stove. I own a toaster oven and that is my baking oven so the portions have to be a bit smaller. Plus you bake in degrees C instead of F and you measure things in milliliters and grams. I don't understand any of that stuff, I grew up in America! By the way, it's one of the only countries that doesn't use the metric system.
Saturday night I made mustard-crusted chicken, mashed potatoes (with a hand masher) and green beans. For dessert I made a chocolate chip cookie in a pie pan with m&m's instead of chocolate chips. It was really really delicious! It was a great taste of America!
It was a sweaty and hard experience because I only had two burners and I'm still not completely used to cooking the way I did in the states, but I"m getting there!