Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Goodbye 22 W Greenhill Road


A very empty family room
I have known the Brindley family for over 13 years now. I had the uniquely wonderful privilege of getting to know my (future) in-laws while Dave was overseas for a year after college. I would have dinner and even sleep over every now and then. Dave and I have been married for just over 11 years. We have so many fun, and wonderful memories wrapped up in his parent's house.
Al and Marilyn are currently Colorado bound. They are moving there, permanently. Dave's middle sister Julie and her husband Pete live near Co Springs. They had a fun and adorable baby girl, Blake in October. Julie is a teacher and needs Marilyn to watch the baby the couple days she goes back to work. Despite the sadness of loosing the best in-laws, wonderful grandparents, and the kids BAFF (best animal friend forever), I'm really happy for them. I'm especially happy for Marilyn - she will finally have time to call her own. She has worked so hard, and too many hours for too many years. I know this is a much needed break for her to have time to spend with Blake, work on needle point projects, and just slow down.

Dave and I helped his parents pack up and clean the house and on Monday, December 16th they officially left. It's not sold yet, but there will be someone to watch over the house until it does.
What I really love about this picture is Lily, the dog, at the door in the background. It's captures so many years of arriving with her greeting us.
I am really thankful that we have a conference with Cru every other summer in Colorado. It gives us just one more opportunity to make sure we spend time with them as well at Pete, Julie and Blake.

The kids are super attached to the dog, Lily. (especially Lilia) As a sort of parting gift/ease the hurt we inherited their cat Kegs. (Named after Karen and her 3 friends who found the cat - each letter is their first initial.) The past two nights Lilia has been staring at the framed photo of her and Lily by her bed and crying herself to sleep. I try to comfort her, reminding her that we have Kegs. It does help, which I'm thankful for. She asks, "Kegs is a part of our family right?" "Of course," I remind her.



Oh - when Al and Marilyn told the kids they were going to take home Kegs forever, they screamed with excitement. Alex especially loves cats. He exclaimed, "I can't believe it! This is a dream come true!"

No comments:

Post a Comment