Friday, December 20, 2013

Alex's Holiday Concert

 One of my kids loves the stage, the other gets stage fright. I'm pretty sure you could guess who is who.
Tuesday morning Alex sung at his preschool's holiday concert. That morning Dave and I were getting him excited for it by quoting lines from Elf. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." Alex was self-conscious about his singing. Again we quoted Elf, "Any one can sing. I'm in a store and I'm singing!"
None of that worked when he walked through the door to the sanctuary. He burst into tears. I quick run up and gave him Stinky Bear. Honestly, what would he do without that bear!
 This picture is of Alex looking on to his music teacher to see what the motions were.
He knew all the songs, he had been singing them around the house for weeks. I had asked him which were his favorite and he had two favorites.
Alex began to warm up and slowly let the bear hang to his side while he sung along. He kept looking at us and we would wave, smile big and give a thumbs up.

I love the picture above. He would not put down that bear so Stinky did all the motions to the songs too.


By the end he was smiling.

Afterwards Dave and I told him how proud we were of him. He did have the option of sitting with us, but he didn't. He stayed up there, toughed it out and warmed up enough to enjoy the songs. We are so proud of our little man for persevering!

No comments:

Post a Comment