Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hike, Santa Fe

 Around the corner from our hotel was a small trail to hike. I had to explore this place, take pictures, collect some rocks and see the land. I put my headphones in and set my tunes to "Katie's favorites" and starting exploring.
The landscape was so different than the east coast. It was even a bit different from trails in Colorado, which we've hiked a few times. I was really lucky to have not come across a rattlesnake since I had headphones in. I guess God was protecting me in that way.
Santa Fe is at 7,000 feet above sea level. It's surrounded by mountains. The snow kissed mountain in these pictures are the foot of the Rocky Mountains.
It was windy and chilly. I was dressed somewhat warm, but not warm enough to be out for more than an hour. I couldn't stop taking pictures so my hand were frozen by the time the sunset was taking place.



No comments:

Post a Comment