Saturday, September 1, 2012

Exposure

 Yesterday was a day on constant running from one thing to another, but it was a wonderful day. Lilia had her 2nd day of school with all the kids in her class. She loved it!
We then had a play date at Sister Cities with Lilia's new friend Maggie from school (Lilia & Maggie are the only 2 white kids in her class. The rest are black, with 4 Chinese kids.) And believe me, it's not that I don't want her to become friends with other kids in the class. I love that her class is diverse. Culturally there is a difference in every race. Lilia and Maggie connected quickly and easily.
Anyway, we ran home to grab flyers for one of the biggest events of the year. It's a welcome back BBQ for Penn students. Last year there were 500 people!
Dave, myself, the kids and others stood in front of the International House and handed our invitations to Chinese students, inviting them to come out to the BBQ. The kids loved being a part of it. As students were approaching Alex pointed and said, "There's a Chinese." I explained to him that it was a little rude, but I love that he gets the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment