Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Birthday to Remember?

On Saturday we celebrated Lilia's 5th birthday. She officially turns 5 tomorrow, March 7th.
My mom took the kids Thursday afternoon and brought them back Saturday for the party. I had my list of things to do to get ready for the party and I was checking things off! It was nice to be able to get the table ready Thursday evening, knowing it wouldn't be touched. Everything was perfect for Saturday's 2 o'clock celebration. I even got to work with Dave Friday and be so encouraged in what we're doing with international students.
One by one the guests arrived; family and friends. We talked, played, ate. The kids played a game, decorated a craft (thanks to my mother-in-law) and went crazy for candy after the pinata was broke open. We sung "happy birthday" over cupcakes and dixie cups. All in all it was a great success...until Sunday.
First I got sick, then Alex, then Lilia, then Dave. It started with nausea, which led to throwing up. Oh and don't forget it coming out the other end. Even some of our party guests got sick as well. I felt absolutely horrible. I have no idea where this terrible virus came from, but knowing it was your party makes you feel bad. The only good thing is that it's short lived. Today we are all doing fairly well. Lilia and Dave are recovering, but I think the sickness is behind us.
Oh, and one more sad thing to dampen such a big celebration is that I don't have a lot of pictures and the fairly good ones I do have of Lilia are blurry. This will be a birthday we look back on and laugh about; just not yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment