Saturday, March 10, 2012

Play time for the adults

 This is, as I'm sure you guessed, a tortoise shell!
Peter told us that one year for Halloween they used this shell as his son's costume. Fun!
This took a lot of speculating. The eye socket is the curve pictured just above my hand. There is a hole on the top of the skull. There is a dividing line that goes down the center and a large hole on my left of the skull. So the hole would hold a tusk of some kind, but it's smaller than an elephant. It's a marine mammal. Have you guessed it yet?

If you guess narwhal then you got it right! I got to hold the skull of a narwhal! I was in my glory. I didn't realize how much I love nature in this way! I was having more fun than the kids, asking about everything and asking lots of questions with child-like fascination. I'm so thankful that Dave met Peter and that he also invited to come back any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment