Friday, February 24, 2012

Big news

Many of you may know of my friend Jing.
She's from Beijing, she married an American man who is an MBA student at Wharton. We've been hanging out since I met her in late August. They have a son Christian who is a couple of months younger than Alex.
You probably remember that she is searching for God. I have been praying for and so have many others. She's gotten connected to a great Chinese church and has had many, many opportunities to learn about Jesus and why he matters.
The last time I wrote about her, she had thrown away her Buddhist book and has prayed for her husband and son about various things. She even has started reading the Bible.
She came over yesterday for a play date. Towards the end of the morning we got to talking about Christianity. I learned that Jing became a Christian last month, and in April she will be baptized! WOW! The angels in heaven rejoiced on that day!
She is inviting me to the baptism. In Chinese culture, Christian Chinese culture that is, baptism is essential and it is the truer (in their view) sign that someone has truly began to follow Christ with their lives. I am so thrilled that Jing is now part of the family!

2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!!!! So excited to hear about this!!!!!! Y'all rock. God rocks. Everybody wins! ;)

    ReplyDelete