Saturday, February 11, 2012

Now-a-days

We are in a really good place.
Dave's job (ministry to international students) is going really well; exceptionally well.
We are continuing to love our church and really feel at home there.
Dave and I are doing pretty good. We're getting date nights here and there. (It rocks that the kids are asleep by 7:30 most night.)
The kids are at a really wonderful age. Lilia will be 5 in about three weeks, and Alex is 2 and 4 months exactly (tomorrow).
They play together really well for the most part. Lilia is so much better at sharing. (I did read that developmentally kids can't share till about 5, so take it easy on your toddler.) Alex is pretty good at sharing too. That's probably only because he has a big sister.
Just now Lilia and her My Little Pony, Pinkie Pie, were showing around Alex's new Finn McMissle (from the movie Cars 2) . Lilia was introducing Finn to our kitchen, the chalkboard, and then upstairs. Alex was playing along and responding for Finn.
It's stuff like that happening quite frequently. I love it! It's glorious! I can be getting dinner together and they are just playing upstairs. Sometimes together, sometimes in their own rooms. I may hear bickering and tears occasionally. I don't go running up. If Alex needs me he comes down and I go to him. Sometimes they work it out.
I am really appreciating the kids right now and enjoying their ages.

Sincerely,
Thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment