Saturday, September 17, 2011

My new friend

Yesterday morning I got to bring a new Chinese friend and her son to the zoo. Her name is Jing. I met Jing at the BBQ at Clark Park 2 weeks ago. When we talked at the BBQ I learned that she is really open to Christianity. 
As we talked yesterday I learned that she went to a Chinese baptismal service at Grace Chapel. That's where she first heard the gospel. When they sung praise songs, she said she was moved and almost cried. She told me what she understood of the gospel and then I got to fill in the gaps and explain it a little further. 
She was so happy to have come to the zoo with me. Her son had a great time too. She also said that the next time we get together she wants to learn more about God and Christianity. I plan on sharing with her the Chinese/English version of "Knowing God Personally."
Praise God!!! Pray for Jing. She is SO close to becoming a Christian. Her parents have no objections, and she already believes that there is a God. Those are 2 huge barriers that many Chinese get stuck at. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment