Monday, March 23, 2015

She's Beautiful

I remember in the hospital when Lilia was born, one of my dear friends, Katy Manni came to visit. I remember her clearly saying of Lilia, "She's really beautiful."
Throughout the baby/toddler years I would hear that phrase repeated. When strangers met Lilia they would comment on her beauty, but it goes way beyond her outward appearance.

She, no doubt, has a beautiful heart toward animals. She cares for them with a deep conviction and passion that only God can give a person. Here she is in these three pictures dissecting owl pellets (pellets are throw up - because they can't digest the fur and bones of the animals they eat whole). It's sterilized and you can buy the kit on Amazon. She got it for her birthday and couldn't wait to work on it.

Back to my story though...I picked Lilia up from school today and as usual I asked about her day. She told me she started a prayer group today on the playground.
Yesterday we were visiting another church and Lilia watched a 12 year old boy with epilepsy have a seizure. She talked about it here and there through the rest of the day and her heart was really touched. She said she prayed for this boy 3 times today and enlisted her prayer group to pray too. She walked around the playground at recess, and asked kids if they were lonely and wanted to pray. One of her classmates joined her, Rayana. Together they prayed for this boy and for Rayana's family.
My heart is overwhelmed at the profound beauty that God is cultivated in my 8 year old daughter. Wow. I reminded her today how honored and glorified God is by her prayer group. I reminded her that she is beautiful on the outside, but she is even more beautiful on the inside and that is what really matters. Wow. God is good and it's days like this that cause my heart to beam at the work He is doing in Lilia. Praise be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment