Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lilia's 8th Birthday

 This year I gave Lilia the option to go to Sweet-n-Sassy with a girl friend or to have a party at our house. She chose a party and she wanted it to be a Lego Friends themed party. I was thankful to already have some great ideas in my arsenal of party planning. We stole some ideas from Alex's in October. However I did try to keep things more simple.

On Thursday, March 6th we had a huge snow storm dumping 7.5 inches throughout the entire day. The kids had no school Thursday nor Friday. That also meant that I could use the flowers I bought for the demonstration of an American wedding that was to be held on Penn's campus Thursday evening. So our house was booming with flowers. It looked like a flower shop!


 Aunt Karen and Jesse were able to come in for Lilia's party. It was so wonderful and special to have them there. I know it meant a lot to Lilia (and my mom) to have her there.







We FaceTimed with Grammy and Grandpop back in CO. They watched Lilia open her present. They got her a riding lesson with Sarah. Mom made Lilia the most thoughtful journal as another gift.

 She got three Lego sets and had them all built by dinner Sunday evening.






We played a few awesome games. I did another Lego Bingo, but a Friends version. I found another game on Pinterest. You have a bucket/pile of legos. Roll the dice and what ever number you roll is the number of legos you pick up. Go around the circle until all of the legos are gone. Then the kids create something and explain it. There were some pretty fun creations.














And of course...photo booth! I made new girl faces (this time out of yellow cardstock, DUH - why didn't I think of that last time!)






We sang to my beautiful birthday girl. Oh I love her smile, and her laughter. It brings such joy to my heart. Happy 8th birthday my beautiful, sweet little angel pie! I love you Lilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment