Sunday, March 15, 2015

Changing weather

 The changing of the clocks, and the shift in the weather bring such incredible hope. Something internally changes and hope in renewed that winter will end.
This past week we were sure to spend time outdoors. The kids rode bikes on campus. (Lilia has the biggest smile on her face in this picture.)
Alex and I went hiking on Wednesday when it was almost 60 degrees. We stopped for lunch at Pei Wei and headed to the Wissahickon.
We started at the Valley Green entrance and headed to the left of the parking lot, maybe north. We hiked all the way to the next bridge and back. It was a grand total of 2.5 miles! The trail was muddy and icy in most places, but we loved it. One thing my dad passed on to me was a love for nature and the outdoors. Now I get to pass that onto my kids.
As we started off on the trail Alex's words were beaming with excitement. At one point he said, "Can we do this every day after school?"
The guy at Pei Wei gave us a ton of fortune cookies. We packed some for fuel to hike. However by the end, no amount of fortune cookies helped Alex. He was wiped! I was so proud of him once we reached the last stretch on the trail, which sadly is up hill. He's my long distance, endurance guy.





 He asked me at several points to take his picture. He also wanted to take mine. Oh, that boy is so cute! What a joy and a delight he is growing up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment