Friday, April 18, 2014

Balanced Rock, The Windows, & Double Arch

Balanced rock
 So Arches National Park is only 6.5 hours from where we were in Colorado. A road trip like that sounds perfect for me and my BFF (Dave). We have so much fun together.
Side Note: At the conference they were talking about 3 aspects of a healthy marriage:
1. Low Conflict (not NO conflict)
2. High warmth, which comes from shared common tasks and vulnerability.
3. Fun! Sharing new adventures together.
We are pretty good at these, which is why after 11 years I can still say that Dave is my BFF.

Ok - back to Arches. So we took a road trip here. This place is so unique and other-worldly. I would add it to your bucket list! "Water and ice, extreme temperatures, and underground salt movement are responsible for the sculpted rocks at Arches."
Dave looking out over the landscape


The (North) Window 

We arrived around 4 pm. Earlier that day we had hiked hanging lake...it was literally on the way. We were pretty sore and tired (the day before was 6 mile Deer Mountain), but we meandered our way and these few arches. Luckily there were minimal stairs and no hiking required!

Pictured above is one of The Windows. It looks pretty small, but that's because I took it from a pretty good distance. The picture on the right is us standing under the right side of the window. It's massive!

The North Window (left) & South Window (right)

Pictured here was the last arch we saw before heading to dinner...Double Arch. It was so incredible!!! I had on flip flops. At this point I took them off and walked in the soft, cool red sand. It felt so amazing under my toes.
As we approached the rock formation it was so breath-taking! I loved getting to climb around in my bare feet. The rocks were so smooth and massive. We climbed high toward the right window and peered out over the landscape as the sun was lowering behind the clouds. It was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment