Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Leaf Garland


This idea popped into my head a couple of weeks ago, but I was too lazy at the time to collect the leaves.
We were at my in-laws Sunday and they had the most beautifully colored and shaped leaves in their yard. Before I knew it I had at least 50 in my hands and Lilia was helping me collect more.
As I was watching the Amazing Race I got out some good ole needle and thread and sewed a strand of leaves, making this garland. I love it! I think I'll do it every year.
The leaves have already turned brown and it's only Tuesday, but it still looks really cool.

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a picture out of a home magazine!! your mantle is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! It was good to see you at Bible study yesterday!

      Delete