Sunday, October 7, 2012

Drexel & God

Myself & Ashley
Last Saturday Dave set up a BBQ to welcome Drexel international students. We had over 230, mostly Chinese, show up!
The kids played nicely with our new team member's children while Dave and I got a chance to mingle.
I got to meet Ashley, pictured left. The funny thing is that Ashley isn't even a Drexel student. She is a Penn grad student. She complimented me on my necklace. That was the perfect segway to ask her about her cross necklace. I asked her if it had any meaning. Here's what she told me.
While she was studying at a university in China, missionaries were at her university and she attended a Bible study with them each week. Then she followed with, "But I haven't been baptized yet," which means I haven't fully decided to follow Jesus yet.
Wow! I mean wow! What are the odds? This girl was introduced to the gospel IN China. Now she comes to America to study and meets lots of Christians. I made sure she knew about Dave's Friday night Bible study and I got her information. Pray for Ashley that she would solidify her relationship with God during her 2 year study in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment