Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Car Inspection = Thankfulness

We have an amazing and deeply trusted mechanic. He is a neighbor of the Brindley's, a Christian, and he is also one of our supporters (our salary is based on support from individuals & Churches). Mike is great.
Yesterday at 9:30am Alex and I dropped the car off at Mike's, walked over to the Brindley's and hung out for a few hours waiting for everything to be in order. We had a nice relaxing day; went for a walk, snuggled in bed and read stories, and had a hot chocolate date at Starbucks.
Three o'clock rolled around and there was still no phone call. (Dave was able to pick Lilia up from school.) Four o'clock rolled around and still no call. Five o'clock rolled around and the phone was STILL silent. Needless to say I was getting frustrated.
Finally at 5:15pm Mike called saying that the car was ready. Al (my father-in-law) drove us and our stuff over and I walked into the office.
All of my frustration melted when he handed me the bill. Seems ironic right?
Like I said, Mike is one of our supporters. Yesterday we needed a new muffler and he only charged us what they charged him for the piece. Now don't go asking for his number and expecting this kind of treatment, but that's not the point of my rambling.
At the Academy of Natural Sciences
As I was driving home with Alex I realized how much I missed Lilia. I grew ever grateful with every red light I stopped at that I am the face that she sees after school. I get to see my little girl after school; not just after dinner and tucking her in for bed. I am so appreciative of our job and also of our employer who values family over ministry and gives me the opportunity to be with my kids as they grow, while still having a hand in ministry when I can and when it fits with our whole family.


No comments:

Post a Comment