Friday, January 6, 2012

Time to make a book

The other night Dave was working through dinner. I got out a notebook to entertain the kids with drawings. I drew some owls for Alex and a giraffe for Lilia. She was inspired by my drawing to then make a book.
We spent the next 40 minutes illustrating, glueing and writing out our own book. From Lilia's 4th birthday party in March, I had traced and cut out these animals from cardstock paper to make into a banner. I've had them in a drawer just sitting around. She came up with the scene and the words for each page and we stapled it all together. I love it so much; I think I'll get it laminated so we can keep it and read it to Lilia's kids one day.
"The watering hole is all for the animals so they can play in. But it's not for you to play in because there are crocodiles."

No comments:

Post a Comment