Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little boys will be boys

Last week I met my friend Jing and her 2 year old son Christian at the Academy of Natural Sciences. One of their exhibits is a butterfly garden. When you have a pass, it's free to go in.
We've been in their plenty of times and we know to watch the floor, don't touch the butterflies and check yourself on the way out.
Last week there were more butterflies than I've ever seen. They were everywhere! There were a couple on the floor and we were watching out step.
Alex was observing one on the floor and then before I could even blink, 'STOMP!' Alex crushed the butterfly.
Immediately the young man came over, scooped it up in his hands and gave me a look that said, "How could he have done that!?"
I consoled Alex as he began to cry. He knew he did something wrong. We left pretty quickly after that and Alex got over it. Although I'm not sure the young man did.


No comments:

Post a Comment