Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This is the Reason

Read this quote slowly and carefully; read it twice if need be, but certainly take it to heart. It will change the way to live and look at life.
"Now, if a man's heart is set on earthly things, on earthly possessions, on earthly happiness, on earthly pleasures, on earthly ease and comfort, he is of all men most vulnerable. For, in the nature of things, he may lose these things at any moment.
There may come at any time a reversal of fortune, and he may find himself stripped of them all. On the other hand, if a man gives to Jesus Christ the unique place in his life, if the most precious thing for his is his relationship to God, that is something which can never be taken from him; no experience can despoil him of it; nothing can take it from him. Therefore, his is completely secure. His treasure is untouchable by the chances and changes of this life."               - William Barclay (speaking of 1st Peter 3:13-14)

Wow! I mean wow! I certainly don't live like this, but I sure wish I did. I wouldn't be so grumpy, I wouldn't complain so much, I wouldn't get angry with my children as often, and I wouldn't care if the house was messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment