Saturday, October 22, 2011

Surf, sand & shells

 As a kid my family would often go on vacation to the beach. When you live so close to Jersery beaches it becomes the default destination. That was fine by me! I love the beach.
Ever since I can remember I would collect shells. They could be whole or broken pieces. Some would be these amazing ones, but that was rare.
Well I have not grown out of that beloved hobby.
Side Note: This past summer we went to DE beach for vacation. Dave and I walked along the beach on our date night and the stones/pebbles on this beach were PERFECT! I spent the walk with my face to the sand picking up anything that caught my eye. Dave's pockets were so weighed down that his shorts hung very low.

So yesterday morning we checked out Isle of Palms beach. It couldn't have been more perfect. There was a place for Dave to hang out and read his book. This wasn't a bench, but a gazebo. If you know Dave, then you know his dislike for sitting in the sun. He read his book in a gazebo, shielded from the sun, while I scoured the beach for shells. I remembered a bag to put them in this time!
A starfish was washed ashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment