Thursday, October 6, 2011

Leaf Art

Today was such a beautiful day. The weather was perfect. It was just what Pennsylvania falls should be.
This morning I packed up some lunch for the kids and myself. Alex and I picked Lilia up from preschool and we headed to South Ardmore Park for a picnic lunch and some playground time.
I was looking down at a few of the leaves that had fallen when I was hit with an afternoon craft. Leaf rubbings! On Saturday we went down town to Philadelphia Fine Arts Museum. They were having free kids crafts. One that I loved was placing leaves and flowers between paper and hitting them with a rubber mallet to show the shape and color. So...when I saw the leaves it gave me the idea for the rubbings. We collected 3 and I showed Lilia what to do.
She was so excited that as soon as those three were done we ran outback and collected more leaves. I want to make a banner of some sort with these. They look so cool!

INSTRUCTIONS:
lots of paper
an assortment of leaves, not too dry
crayons with no paper on them

1. Place the leaves or leaf between 2 pieces of paper. Rub with the crayon and you've got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment