Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My 1st Thanksgiving

This is the first time I am cooking a Thanksgiving dinner. The really funny thing is that it's not for my family (extended). Tonight we are having a Christian Chinese student and some of her non-Christian friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. Somewhere around 75% of international students will never enter an American home. So we are giving some of them a chance to do that as well as experience a traditional holiday dinner
The turkey scares me the most. It grosses me out. My mom picked one up from a turkey farm for me that was all ready to go. We'll see how it all goes!
Dave is home today to help me with the kids so it's been great. Lilia helped me put the potatoes in the pot of water and get the corn muffin mix ready. As of right now, everything is pretty much made and I'm sticking the turkey in the oven. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment