Saturday, November 28, 2009

It was a GREAT night

We have no idea what's been going on with Alex. From about week 3 till now, he'll be 7 weeks on Monday, he's been screaming crying after he eats. When he cries, it's like he's in pain and he cries for a long time. Sometimes he latches on and pulls off after a minute and cries. He's on medicine for reflux and I've taken dairy out of my diet as of Wednesday.
By the way...worst timing ever!!! The day before Thanksgiving. Now that's just plain old cruel, but it's worth a try.
In the last 2 days I've noticed a difference. I don't know how permanent it is, but we are thoroughly enjoying it. He went to bed at 8:30 last night. Usually he's asleep, and so are we, somewhere around midnight. The nights usually have been that he cries like he's in pain and then nurses for a bit, then cries. Maybe he settles down a bit, but then he's hungry again b/c he's not getting enough at each feeding to really settle him to sleep.
Well last night was AMAZING. I went to bed at 8:30 too b/c I'm getting a cold. I woke him up at 1am to eat. His previous feeding was at 7:30pm. After he was done he was smiling and happy. It was so joyous! He went back to sleep pretty easily. Then I woke him up again at 6am to eat. (They say not to let him go too long with the reflux.) He was again really pleasant and went back to sleep on his own easily.
You don't understand...this has NEVER happened. It was so glorious. I don't know if he's growing out of things, if my milk let-down is better regulated, if the dairy was a problem, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing. It may not last, but we are finally enjoying our son instead of just getting through each hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment