Sunday, January 13, 2013

Valley Forge takes away the blues

Lately I've been in a funk. It happens every winter. I was really scarred from our year in China and this is one of the ways it comes out. Our city was similar to Philly weather, only the sky was very gray in the winter. So picture gray skies most days, an almost 2 year old and a first trimester pregnancy (I was sick every day). Oh yeah, I had a sinus infection for 14 days too. I was very depressed. Well the past 4 days have been very gray around here and it literally gives me that depressed China feeling. I wake up knowing I'm in Philadelphia, but feeling like I'm back in China - depressed, lonely and sad. I wish I could explain it better or understand the psychology behind it.
So in light of "warmer" weather we spent Saturday afternoon hiking at Valley Forge. Alex was down right miserable for the first 1/4 time of our hike. He doesn't enjoy using his legs. Well once we found this teepee and vine swing, he was fine and dandy and hiked well.
  Lilia was so convinced this teepee was left here from the Native Americans. We ended up building a small one next to it. Well we started a good bit of it. We'll see if it's still there next time.
So Lilia also discovered this vine. I tested it out and we all (except Alex) had a blast swinging on it. (My picture is here on facebook.)


2 comments: