Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Keats Lane


In 1990 my parents bought this mountain house. In 2000 they sold it.
For 10 years we came up here faithfully. It was great! The house is situated 10 minutes from Big Boulder Ski area and 15 minutes from Jack Frost. We were only 10 minutes from Hickory Run state park as well. It was ideal.
In the summer we played at the lake/beach with our friends who also had houses there. In the winter we would ski & snowboard.
We drove past it on Sunday and I didn't recognize it at first because the trees my dad had planted grew so big.
We have so many fond memories or jumping off the loft onto the couch, puzzles, forts, a zip line out back, riding around on the back of my dad's tailgate looking for deer, and one year we even spent Christmas at the house.
I wish my parents still had it, but Matt and I got into our teens and wanted to stay home and play with our friends on the weekends. Bummer. At least we have something fond and wonderful to look back upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment