Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa!!

I believe it was last year that I very tactfully explained to Lilia that Santa is not real. I also very clearly explained to her why she can't tell other children and she has been really good about it. I wouldn't trust Alex with such news, but I trust her.
I grew up believing in Santa for a long time. I figured it out maybe by 7 or 8 when I matched the handwriting on the gift tags to my mom's handwriting.
I told Lilia the truth about Santa because I want her to understand that Santa doesn't being presents, but we give one another gifts to celebrate and remember that God gave us His greatest gift; His Son Jesus.
This year has been funny. Lilia has been so excited about Santa. She told me, "I know he's not real, but I'm excited for Santa to bring me presents." She even wrote Santa a list.
Alex takes so many of his cues from Lilia and he has also expressed his excitement in Santa. He has even said, "I miss Santa," at one point.
I don't regret telling her the truth, but it is so fascinating to me that she longs to believe in Santa.
I'm looking forward to Christmas this year and watching the kids unwrap lots of presents. I love their excitement and expressions with each time they rip open Christmas paper. Especially at the ages they are now (3 & 5) it's so sweet, fun and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment