Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas morning

 So much work goes into Christmas. The time spent on buying the right presents for everyone on your list and taking the time and care to wrap things. For each of the kids I started last year making their own gift "tags" which mark their stockings and their own presents. I started it last year because they shared a few presents and neither of them could read. I've carried on the fun, but time consuming tradition this year. Lilia's gift tag was the shape of a horse and Alex's was the shape of a monster truck.
In thinking about all the time put into Christmas, I feel like we all did a good job focusing on Jesus' birth throughout the month of December. We spent time talking about it as a family and reading the stores in our Bibles.
 This year Alex is into super heros. We also gave him his first Batman skateboard. Maybe we're nuts? Although when he first stepped on it he said, "You should wear a helmet with one of these." Ah, he's so responsible for a boy!
 Lilia is still super into animals, especially horses. She got lots of horse stuff, art stuff and her absolute favorite present was her real first aid kit. She asked me almost every day leading up to Christmas, "Mommy did you get me a first aid kit?" I would only respond with, "Do you trust me?' Thankfully she said she did.
We got the kids nerf guns so they can play spy with each other and get mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment