Sunday, November 4, 2012

Banana Bread & Fish Balls

 This is Fei & June. They are grad students at Penn. I had them over the other week to learn how to make banana bread. Chinese kitchens don't have ovens so they don't learn how to bake things.
They had fun learning how to put ingredients together and create something to eat.
Fei (in the stripped shirt) brought something she made. It was a porridge. I of course had to try some; after all I was going to make them try a sweet American "cake."
I asked what was in it after spooning some in a bowl. She replied, "rice, mushrooms, fish balls (it's the shape not the body part), and scallions."
It tasted pretty good until I got that fishy taste in my mouth. She also prepared some sliced pork that was amazing!!!!! Oh, and I asked when they would eat something like this. Her reply was, "for breakfast." I would have to pass on that as a breakfast food.

Lilia and Alex had fun showing the girls their rooms as well as some of their favorite things. Lilia's latest is oil pastels.

No comments:

Post a Comment