Friday, November 30, 2012

A Chinese Thanksgiving

 Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed over to the Chinese church Dave works with for a special program and dinner. Lilia was thrilled to see some of her Chinese friends from school. She had a great time with them.
The audience was a sea of Chinese faces hear songs, skits and preaching of the gospel. I understood NOTHING, but I loved being there. It felt like 2 things...
1. I was in China for a stretch of time, but the atmosphere was with Christians, so many Chinese Christians. It was beautiful.
2. It was a glimpse of heaven.
After the program, which was all in Chinese (naturally for a Chinese audience) we had a big feast together. They prepared Turkey and all the fixins...egg rolls, peas & shrimp and seaweed. Dessert was red bean soup with tapioca balls. I tried most things. I liked most things, but not enough to go back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment