Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A new year maybe equals change

I don't think I've ever made a new year's resolution. Personally I think they are dumb. Show me someone who's stuck with one for an entire year and I'll buy them a beer or a soda (or whatever they want to drink.) I'm sure some one who does would be a ridiculously driven person who could easily change the world. Well that's certainly not me. I'm too much of a pessimist!
However last night and tonight I have made a point to relax and I think I like it.
Last night I sat on the couch with a bowl of vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup (go ahead and pause while you run to the kitchen to get this) and read a magazine.
Tonight after I gave Lilia a bath and played animals with her for a bit I grabbed my stuff and headed to Starbucks. Ahh, Starbucks...there's no other place like you! (I do support local coffee shops, but there is something about the atmosphere at Starbucks that's perfect for spending time with God.) Anyway, I was there for over an hour and I was so relaxed! I read a book, a little of the Bible. At one point I just sat there and stared. It was glorious!
So my point is simply this: I want to make a point to relax more often. That could look like yoga, going for walk by myself (but not at night), reading magazines and going out by myself or with a good friend for tea. I just hope my pessimism doesn't get the best of me and I start making excuses why I can't do these things more often.
If you're reading this and you want to be that good friend, just email or facebook message me. I'll help you relax too!

No comments:

Post a Comment