Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Adventure Kate

"And here we go, go, go, go on an adventure..." (The theme song to the PBS show The Cat in the Hat)
Last night around 10pm I asked Dave if I could go snowboarding today. He eventually said sure and that today could be his comp day for working this coming Sunday. I set my alarm for 6am and was pretty sure I would go, but not 100%.
Alex woke up at 5:10am for a bottle and I quickly got out of bed. I ran to the window after taking care of him, only to see that it had stopped snowing. That was my 2nd reason to heard for the slopes. You see, I was so pumped to snowboard in fresh powder, but I didn't want to drive in the storm.
So I was awake and the roads would be ok to drive; I went for it! I got myself ready and headed for Blue Mountain.
My snowboard was at my parent's house, but my dad met me at the Quakertown exit with no problems. (Today's his day off.) By the way - THANKS SO MUCH DAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and another major bonus...Wednesday's are Ladies day where you get $10 off your ticket!
I was on the slopes by 8:45am and boarded all morning. I just got a morning ticket so as to not be gone the full day. By the time I got to the car for lunch at 12:30 I was starving. I had brought a snack and a sandwich, but that didn't put a dent in the bucket.
Wow was it an awesome day! Dave - thank you SO MUCH for being such an incredibly selfless husband who loves me so well! I loved being by myself and just enjoying the snow, the fresh air and being on my board. I don't think I'll ever give up snowboarding until I get too old or too injured. It's just so soothing, so freeing, so enjoyable!
I am thankful we had the money growing up to get to enjoy that kind of thing in the winter. Now I get to reap the benefits!

1 comment:

  1. glad you got to get out and have such a nice time...the invites for the party sounds really fun can't wait to see them...

    ReplyDelete