Sunday, June 6, 2010

Worst Mother of the Year


Lilia and I were dancing in the kitchen Thursday evening. Alex was in his walker. I was trying to kick my leg over his head when instead my knee clocked him in the eye.
He certainly cried and cried. I wasn't sure where I hit him at first. I was waiting to see how he was before I called my friend/neighbor the pediatrician. He calmed down after a reasonable amount of time and even had a laugh at Lilia. Then I knew he was ok.
That night I got up to feed him around 2am and I noticed that his right eye didn't even open. Then yesterday it turned black and blue.
What's the most upsetting is that Alex didn't get his first black eye because he was just being a rough and tumble boy!

1 comment:

  1. OMG LOL. Im so sorry for laughing but you gave your kid a black eye and that is going down in the books lol. I glad he is ok. One day Lilia, when she is all grown up will come back and say "Mom, remember when you gave Alex a black eye?" and you all will laugh lol.

    ReplyDelete