Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seeing me in a new light

I'm reading this book and I just made a basic, yet deep understanding of myself. I've always viewed myself as a good/righteous person who sometimes sins. However reading this quote changed my perspective drastically...
"Sin makes us moral quadriplegics. We are fundamentally unable to do what is right." Paul Tripp

Dave and I were sitting out back in the cool night air enjoying reading quietly. It was so perfect. When I read this I stopped, looked up and said, "Wow." I now understand the basic gospel message. I am a sinful person who sometimes is righteous, but only because it's Christ working in and through me.
Awesome, what a good night!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome Katie thanks for sharing...what book were you reading?

    ReplyDelete