Monday, February 8, 2010

Didn't think it would happen

The snow days turned out pretty awful for us. Alex was miserable and didn't nap well at all. Therefore Dave and I were also miserable. Lilia is extra clingy anymore, which bugs me at times.
We started laying Alex on his back to sleep on Saturday. Last night he slept 9 hours straight on his back!!! I think he likes this position and is much more comfortable. We had him sleeping in a papasan chair in his crib, which I think he got too big to be comfortable.
Oh and another awesome thing...Last night I fed him his bottle and he was still awake when he was finished. He got burps out and I laid him in his crib awake to fall asleep on his own. It worked!!!!! He did it!
You can't understand how amazing this is. It has been hell for 4 months. (He'll be 4 months on Friday.) We would constantly have to rock him to sleep while he cries and fights only for him to wake up a 1/2 hour later and we rock him again. We've laid him down on his own before, but he just cries. Even if it was this one time, I'm thankful and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment