Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a load of crap!

"When love dies, and that's the only thing that holds you together, there is nothing to keep the marriage intact." -Elizabeth Gilbert, Author of "Eat, Pray, Love"
Dave had this page up on CNN's website. I thought I would read through the article and see what it was about. When I read this quote it made me so mad. I very firmly believe that love is a choice. Yes I do believe that you can/do fall in love, but after the newness of it fades away what's left? (Divorce for the average American...Christian and non.) Marriage is the choice to serve and forgive your spouse, especially when you don't want to. It's the choice to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's the choice to still go on adventures and create memories together. It's also the choice to not withhold sex from your spouse. This is what's called love.
My opinion of this is based on the Bible. If God stopped loving us, we'd be in some serious trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment