Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Good 'Ole Fruit Stand


One thing I will really miss is buying my fruit at the fruit stand. Tonight I went out to get a few things, fruit being some of them.
Since we've been here for a while the people there know me. The younger worker, closer to my age handed me one of the fruits you see in the foreground to try. She said it was really good. I had no idea what to do with it. To quote Brian Regan, "How do I get this goodness in me?"
Another worker showed me that you peel away the spiny outside to reveal a white juicy fruit. Almost like a grape. There is a seed inside that you bite around. It was so sweet and delicious. As soon as I made the "mmm" sound the young worker grabbed a bag and started throwing a bunch in for me. I love it!
Also pictured are bananas, nectarines and a honey dew. This whole bunch of fruit, plus a watermelon and cherries cost me only $10 USD! I'll miss the cheap prices even more!