Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's Never what you imagine

Today is a day that has gone the opposite of how I thought it would go in my mind. Lilia was up at 5:15am saying, "I'm hungry." Well if she had eaten any of her dinner, then this wouldn't be a problem, now would it! So I got up, got her yogurt, juice and crackers. I put on Winnie the Pooh and went back to bed.
Dave got up around 6:30 or so. By 7am I hear her crying in the other room. Dave is working on oatmeal and she's hungry. I yell, "Make her a bowl of cereal." He does, she doesn't want it! So he gets the oatmeal ready, she again doesn't eat it! I yell, make her a bagel. I just wanted her to eat something! She's not plump by any stretch, she was tired and hungry. Nothing was working. So I got up after still needing to eat something before I'm vertical. We put on Pooh again and I sat next to her and fed her whatever she would eat. She ate some bites of oatmeal and about 1/3 of a bagel. The cereal was never touched.
I thought she would nap around 10, 10:30 and then I would shower. Then we'd spend the afternoon outside because today is really beautiful. Well she still hasn't napped and it's 1:30. Granted she is pleasant still, but we'll see. Oh, and we still haven't left the house!
It's just one of those days where you throw your hands in the air and say, I give up!!!