Sunday, March 29, 2009

His First American Meal

Tonight we hosted an Asian friend Dave made on campus for dinner. I wasn't nervous because Dave only informed me that he was coming this afternoon so I already had something planned! (By the way, this is very unlike my husband.) So I made potato soup, garlic green beans and we had a french baguette from a French bakery nearby.
This was Dave's friend's first time having butter. He put butter on one piece of bread, but didn't care to butter the rest of his slices. He loved the soup and had two bowls! I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know how it would go over.
I put out chopsticks to eat the green beans. Not unusual for here. Asians don't like to have their fingers touch food. So our friend would pick up the bread with his chopsticks and put it right in his mouth!
Overall it went well!