Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2nd Day in our Apartment

Well as you all may or may not know, Dave is no good in the kitchen. I mean all he can do is cook oatmeal and he usually burns it. He just gets bored and walks away.
Lilia and Dave were up early, I was still sleeping b/c I had another meeting. Dave comes and wakes me at 6am say, "Katie, I need your help." So I get up and see what's going on. There is orange juice spilled on the table and the floor, but since we have no paper towels or really anything to clean it up, plus there's Lilia, Dave needs my help. I start helping and then he adds, "Don't go in the kitchen." Naturally I ask, "Why?" I peer in through the door to see the floor covered with something. "What happened?"
Well in this part of the world most people have a cover over their burners to provide more counter space. This cover can be metal or glass or something like that. So Dave, so sweet and innocent, understand the cover to be something that distributes heat evenly and had placed the pot on top of the cover, then turned the burner on. Well minutes later the whole thing shatters, it was glass. Luckily Lilia and Dave were in the living room and also it shattered like a car window would in an accident.
Did I mention this is our first morning and only our second day in our apartment. I saw no broom or anything. How do I clean this up. Finally we got everything taken care of and no one was injured. We sure won't forget this any time soon!