Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st Days in a Foreign Land

So it's Monday morning here and Dave and I are excited. This is the day we finally move into our apartment and it's beautiful! So we wake up nice and early, 5 am only to see that it's raining. Well it continues to rain, no wait, POUR for hours. Dave, Lilia and Andrew are making the trip in a taxi while I'm off to some required training. I walk out to the lobby of our hotel only to see that the rain water is to the top of the steps. I laugh in complete shock and think, 'Now what?' I'm meeting 3 other girls and we're going together. I make a call and they are waiting for me on the corner. I walk out into the rain and ankle deep water. It was CRAZY to say the least. All we could do is laugh. We walked most of the way there sloshing through the water.
Dave meanwhile is in our nice, dry hotel room waiting for it to die down. So eventually the flood waters subside and he moves into our two bedroom place.

No comments:

Post a Comment