Friday, October 31, 2014

Like a kid again

Thursday mornings are my favorite. I really look forward to them.
It's Thursday mornings when I get to go to the Wissahickon. If Dave's with me I get to hike; otherwise I walk along forbidden drive where there are more people and its safer.
This past Thursday morning was absolutely the best. The weather was brisk, and sunny. The trees were displaying their best fall colors. I was happy as a lark.
As I walked along the path a leaf floated down in front of me quite quickly. I tried to catch it, but failed. In this attempt I realized that trying to catch the leaf was more fun that the trill of catching it.
As I kept moving I tried again and again to catch falling leaves. Each time giggling more and more.
I kicked a large stone. Then it occurred to me it would be more fun to throw it in the river, so I did. It was a terrible throw and I never hit the water. As I kept going my mission was now to find another stone to this time get into the water. Mission accomplished.
I also stopped at this beautiful spot. I sat on the rocks and soaked in the sun. I'm convinced I need exuberant amounts of vitamin D.
Then I got distracted by the shape of a leaf. So I went on a search to collect different shapes, colors, and sizes of leaves. Hence, leaf art.
leaf art
It was a perfect morning of exercise (fast walking), nature, and having fun the way a kid would - catching leaves and throwing rocks in the water. Which goes back to a previous post about why I never want to become a runner. As a runner you are so focused on "RUNNING" that you can't run after a leaf falling and try to catch it, meanwhile cracking yourself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment